The Compassionate Mind – an introduction to Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT) training course (3 days)
This three day workshop provides a unique opportunity to train with two of the UK’s leading CFT practitioners, Dr Elaine Beaumont and Dr Chris Irons.
Chris and Elaine are the authors of the best-selling book The Compassionate Mind Workbook, which has helped tens of thousands of people to learn how to develop greater compassion for themselves and others.
This three day workshop represents 18 hours training (approximately 9 hour theory and 9 hours practical) and will allow you to utilise CFT in your practice either as a stand-alone approach or integrated with your usual therapeutic modality/ies.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain how evolutionary concepts can be used to help us understand psychopathology and psychotherapy processes
- Distinguish different types of positive emotions (e.g. activating versus soothing emotional experiences)
- Describe the importance of the attachment system and its link to the experience of vulnerability
- Explain the complexities of threat processing, and our “multiple selves”
- Distinguish internal shame from external shame, and guilt
- Understand different forms and functions that self-criticism can take
- Discriminate the two psychologies of compassion: engagement and alleviation
- Work in the affiliative soothing system by utilising compassion focused imagery and process (different ‘flows’ of compassion)
- Explore how the fears, blocks and resistances to compassion can be an important part of working in a CFT perspective
- Utilise compassion focusing in a variety of common therapeutic interventions
Workshop approaches will include:
- Didactic teaching
- Small and large group discussion
- Individual experiential practice
- Pair/group experiential, role play and skills practice
- Video clips
All training days are 9.30am – 5.00pm and will be held on the following dates –
Manchester – Mechanics Centre London – Resource for London
Friday 20th March 2020 Monday 23rd March 2020
Friday 27th March 2020 Monday 30th March 2020
Friday 24th April 2020 Thursday 30th April 2020
CPD CERTIFICATES WILL ONLY BE PROVIDED FOR ATTENDANCE AT ALL 3 DAYS.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 226 7727
Anxiety UK reserves the right to change the dates of either and/or both the London and Manchester CFT workshops in the unlikely event of it being necessary to cancel workshop(s) as a result of circumstances beyond the charity’s control, we regret that tickets are non-refundable; all confirmed and paid for bookings will be transferred to new dates (once available in the respective geographical area). Anxiety UK is not able to issue refunds in respect of any workshop booking and shall not be liable for any other consequential loss.