Becoming a member of Anxiety UK not only gives you /your loved one/friend access to a range of support, but helps others too as your membership subscription contributes to the running of the vital services that we provide.
For example, your annual subscription will help us:
- • Answer the thousands of calls made to our national helpline each year
- • Respond to the hundreds of emails received each month
- • Keep our website up and running
- • Maintain (and expand) our talking therapy service which supports thousands of people each year
Take the first step towards supporting yourself and others in joining Anxiety UK
Anxiety UK’s Student Memberships are available to students in full time education (who have an NUS/Student card) and living independently.
What do I get as a member?
- • Access to reduced cost therapies
- • One year’s free subscription to Headspace (worth approx. £72)
- • Subscription to Anxious Times magazine
- • Access to our Members’ area and other free online resources
- • Access to our exclusive Member’s only online message boards
- • 10% off a Listening Books membership (normally between £20 and £45 per year)
- • A free copy of The Student Guide To Understanding Anxiety
- • 25% discount on purchases of Kalms Lavender One-A-Day Capsules
- • 25% discount on snoozzzy weighted blankets
- • 25% discount on Alpha-Stim AID device
- • 25% discount on The Mood Club
- • Access to the online CBT programme Beating The Blues
Your Anxiety UK membership grants you access to reduced cost therapies (including Clinical Hypnotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Counselling and Acupuncture). Once you have applied for your therapy you will be contacted by a therapist and seen within 2 weeks.
How much will my therapy cost?
Once you have joined as a student membership, you will then be entitled to access reduced cost therapy. The cost of your therapy sessions will depend on your living arrangements.
For Students living Independently in full time education
- • Therapy session will be charged at £20 per session face-to-face, via phone or webcam
For Students living at home in full time education
- • The four-tier structure for therapy fees for students living at home through University can be found here.
I can’t thank you enough for this. The Headspace app is brilliant and I can’t believe how much it helps to ‘take ten’ every morning. Now that I have the full access, courtesy of Anxiety UK, I have now started to do another ten minute session when I get home from work in addition to the one I do in the mornings. It is making such a difference to my anxiety levels.
Thank you again. This is a fabulous tool and a wonderful benefit to the membership. I hope other members are also finding it useful.