Anxiety is completely natural emotion. However, when anxiety starts to impact on your day-to-day life, it can become debilitating and difficult to manage. Research from the National Union of Students (NUS) shows that 20% of students experience mental health difficulties while at university.
Anxiety UK has developed a unique Student Support Package to help support you through the first few months at university or college and to help you manage any feelings of apprehension and anxiety that you might be having. We have also created a specialised Student Guide, which will also help you to recognise symptoms of anxiety and enable you to identify when anxiety might be beginning to impact negatively on your ability to function on a day to day basis.
We have created a student-centred Membership package which will provide tailored support to anyone at university or college, with signposts to support they can access throughout the year.
Our offer for Students includes:
- Student Membership Package; available at £25 per annum with NUS/Student Card* – a £5 saving off our usual Membership price!
- The Student Membership Package includes:
- Free downloadable copy of Anxiety UK’S Student Guide to Anxiety
- Reduced cost therapy with an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist
- Access to Headspace Mindfulness Programme
- Access to specialist email and helpline support
- Subscription to quarterly Anxious Times magazine
- Access to specialist helpline support, e.g. medication helpline
*When applying for a Student Membership, we will need to see a copy of your NUS/Student Card. This can be emailed through to our Membership department so we can apply the discount.
The above offer is applicable only to full time students.
To download a copy of our Student Guide to Understanding Anxiety click here
If you would like to access therapy through Anxiety UK, the pricing structure is as follows:
For Students living Independently in full time education
£20 per session face-to-face, via phone or webcam
To access our student therapy rates for students living independently, we need proof of the following:
- Offer letter/enrolment at University to demonstrate the course is full time.
- Proof of address if living in halls, or proof of tenancy agreement/bills if living in Student Housing.
For Students living at home in full time education
The four-tier structure for therapy fees for students living at home through University can be found here.