Information on other anxiety conditions /related disorders / phobias
Other anxiety conditions are covered here.
Depersonalisation is the experience of feeling unreal, detached, and often, unable to feel emotion. It is a phenomenon characterised by a disruption in self-awareness and emotional numbness. Many people experience depersonalisation during a panic attack and this is often characterised as the peak level of anxiety.
For more information about depersonalisation see here: Depersonalisation Research
This condition is also known as the “Winter Blues” because those who suffer with it feel down, depressed, experience loss of energy, changes in appetite/sleep patterns during the winter months. The condition is believed to be due to the lower light levels that are around during winter.
How we can help
Anxiety UK is a user-led charity with more than forty years experience in supporting those living with anxiety. By becoming a member of Anxiety UK, you will have access to a range of benefits, including:
- Access to reduced cost therapy within two weeks of submitting your therapy request
- Access to our infoline, email, text and live chat services (available Monday-Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm) staffed by volunteers with personal experience of anxiety
- Receipt of four issues of Anxious Times, our quarterly members” magazine
- Access to the members only section of our website, featuring regular support surgeries facilitated by anxiety experts
- Access to specialist helplines, including the psychiatric pharmacy helpline and the psychology information helpline
And many, many other benefits that will help you manage your anxiety long term. To become a member of Anxiety UK click here or ring 08444 775 774 today.
The Anxiety UK site has information on a range of resources to provide more detailed information and help.
Anxiety UK Publications
- Anxiety UK publishes a fact sheet and audio-tapes dealing with some of the above conditions. These are available from the Anxiety UK online shop
Anxiety UK relies on donations to keep its services running. If you found this information useful please make a donation – no amount is too small.
Do you suffer from the above conditions and want to share your experience with other people? Post your personal experience in the comments box below where it will be sent to our moderator for approval. Many people find this part of the site very useful when trying to understand their disorder so your comments really do make a difference. Please note, all comments submitted to the Anxiety UK website may be used by Anxiety UK for (but not limited to) publicity and promotional material.
If you would like to make contact with others who are living with similar experiences, you can do so via the Anxiety UK Pen-Pals scheme which is a service available to all Anxiety UK members (in both electronic and hard copy format).