Did you know?
- 1 in 6 adults in the UK have experienced a ‘neurotic health problem’, the most common being anxiety and depressive disorders.
- More than 1 in 10 people are likely to have a ‘disabling anxiety disorder’ at some stage in their life.
- An estimated 13% of the adult population will develop a phobia (a specific form of anxiety) at some point in their life.
- 1 in 10 children and young people aged 5-16 suffer from a mental health disorder – that is around 3 in every school class.
- Anxiety UK is the largest anxiety disorders charity in the UK, with over 6,000 members.
- The Anxiety UK telephone helpline alone receives over 16,000 calls a year from anxiety disorder sufferers seeking support and advice.
Press release archive
New service to help schools manage student anxiety
Anxiety UK applauds American woman’s extraordinary efforts to overcome agoraphobia
Research shows anxiety disorders and anti-depressant use on the rise _04.01
Increase in GAD levels, reveals Anxiety UK
Mentoring programme receives ‘Approved Provider Standard’ in 1st year
Charity challenges you to Face Your Fears
Manchester charity’s snake & spider encounters workshop
Self-help pioneer named as Manchester’s Citizen of the Year
Gillian McKeith highlights stigma surrounding anxiety and phobias
Chilean miners highlight claustrophobia
AUK holds poetry competition
Newly appointed Director of Mental Health in North West visit
Anxiety UK secures Big Lottery funding to help people back into work