Anxiety UK was established to promote the relief and rehabilitation of persons suffering from agoraphobia and associated anxiety disorders, phobias and conditions, in particular, but not exclusively, by raising awareness in such topics.
Our Mission & Values
- Anxiety UK is a dedicated, friendly and approachable charity that believes that anxiety, stress and anxiety based depression are treatable and manageable.
- Anxiety UK has over 40 years’ experience of supporting individuals and organisations requiring assistance with anxiety, stress and anxiety based depression.
- Anxiety UK offers a range of innovative and high quality services delivered by professionals; supported by staff and volunteers with personal experience of anxiety, stress, and anxiety based depression.
- Going the extra mile; working above and beyond what is expected of us
- Listening to others’ needs; acting promptly, flexibly and appropriately
- Providing empathic, person-centred, effective support
Our aims are as per business plan 2015-2020:
Strategic objectives/priorities for next 5 years through to 2020
We will achieve our aims through delivery of the following objectives:
- Providing high quality, accessible, innovative and personalised services based on the experiences of those who have experience of anxiety, stress and anxiety based depression
- Developing further membership, service and partnership opportunities; responding to the needs of those affected by and/or living with anxiety, stress and anxiety based depression
- Expanding the range of unrestricted income streams for the charity through fundraising, partnership, training & consultancy opportunities and continuing to operate in a cost effective manner
- Positioning Anxiety UK as the leading authority on anxiety, stress and anxiety based depression; recognising and rewarding good practice and campaigning to improve the quality of life for those living with such conditions